The location of My Bloomsbury is perfect for a short or long visit for work or leisure. We’ve gathered a collection of things to do in Bloomsbury such as museums, shopping and nighttime entertainment. After exploring the local attractions in Bloomsbury, relax in the hotel and enjoy great food and drink from the excellent Gail’s bakery and kitchen.
An intro to Bloomsbury and the local area
With Bloomsbury’s fantastic central location in London, there are an endless amount of things to do. Just within a kilometre of My Bloomsbury is Tottenham Court Road, Goodge Street, Bedford Square, Malet Street Gardens, Russell Square and Queen Square Gardens. Among these streets are beautiful gardens and pretty squares with stunning architecture and design perfect for a relaxing picnic or tranquil walk. With Goodge Street and Tottenham Court Road, they are historical streets in Bloomsbury for shopping, markets and commerce.
Bloomsbury features some of the cultural highlights of London. It has several notable churches such as St George’s Church and St Pancras New Church. It also hosts several London campuses for American Universities such as Florida State University and Syracuse University and of course, University College London.
Discover the local museums in Bloomsbury
The British Museum is a 4-minute walk with an entrance on Montague Place. The British Museum host a collection of art and artefacts displayed in 194 showrooms. The British Museum is a museum which connects us to before Christ with artefacts from the Assyrian era, Parthenon and Alexander the Great.
The Sir John Soane’s Museum, former Georgian home of the famous 19th-century neoclassical architect (who helped found the British Museum), is seventeen minutes away on foot. The museum hosts a variety of drawings and models made by Sir John Soane including art and antiques which he collected.
Stay at a contemporary hotel in Bloomsbury
With so many things to see, getting rest will be an essential factor while you are crossing activities off from your list of things to do in Bloomsbury. With a prime location, stay in an urban-themed hotel room in our Georgian townhouse on Bayley Street, Bloomsbury.
We have all the usual hotel offers such as 25% off when you stay for five nights. The Modern Traveller includes all of our book direct perks, complimentary access to our co-working neighbours and a snack box prepared by Gail’s Bakery on the ground floor.
- Goodge Street 0.2 km / 5 minute walk
- Dominion Theatre 0.3 km / 4 minute walk
- Tottenham Court Road 0.3 km / 3 minute walk
- Centre Point – London 0.3 km / 5 minute walk
- British Museum 0.4 km / 4 minute walk
- Birkbeck, University of London 0.4 km / 6 minute walk
- University of London 0.5 km / 5 minute walk
- Phoenix Theatre London 0.5 km / 7 minute walk
- Wardour Street 0.5 km / 14 minute walk
- Prince Edward Theatre 0.6 km / 10 minute walk
- London City Airport 12.7 km
- London Heathrow Airport 22.8 km
- London Gatwick Airport 40.4 km
Most popular landmarks
- Piccadilly Circus 1 km / 17 minute walk
- Trafalgar Square 1.2 km / 16 minutes
- London Eye 1.9 km / 18 minutes by taxi costing £9
- Buckingham Palace 2 km / 15 minutes by taxi costing £9
- Big Ben 2.1 km / 16 minutes by taxi costing £8
- Houses of Parliament 2.1 km / 17 minutes by taxi costing £8
- Hyde Park 2.8 km / 20 minutes by taxi costing £12
- Tower of London 3.9 km / 25 minutes by taxi costing £14
- O2 Arena 9.5 km / 28 by the tube
- Wembley Stadium 11 km / 44 minutes by the tube
Restaurants and markets
- Jack Horner pub Cafe/bar – next door to the hotel
- Camden Market 1.3 km / 13 minutes on the tube
- Covent Garden 1.1km / 15 minute walk
- Bedford Square 100 metres
- River Thames 1.6 km
- Oxford Street for department stores and UK favourite brands
- Bond Street for high end designer fashion
- Regent Street for international brands and flagship stores
- Seven Dials and area – for independent brands
- Covent Garden for Apple Store and the famous Apple Market
- Lambs Conduit Street for stylish menswear
Food areas nearby
- China Town / 13 minutes walk
- Soho / 13 minute walk
- Fitzrovia / 7 minute walk
t: +44 20 3004 6000